1) Finding the limit at x=c of a function is actually finding the value as x approaches the constant (c) which turns out to be the y value. Now f(c) is looking for the output when x is c I think that's what I'm trying to say. The output doesn't have to be the same as the limit of x=c but if the limit at x=c is the same as f(c) then the function is continuous and it is only continuous when it is like this. Right?...
2) Both the slope and derivative use the change in y/ the change in x formula but for the slope their is no lim unlike the derivitive where the lim is when h->0 so the difference in the equation would be lim h->0 f(2+h)-f(2)/h where h is how many point away from the initial point. Also a slope would the slope (obviously) of a specific line where a derivative would be involved with Tangent lines of curves.
This is what I got probably very arguable but eh screw it I tried...
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment