Note:Would be a lot easier to prove if I new how put in pictures but oh well.
An odd function,f(-x)=-f(x), is when a graph is rotated 180 degrees and it still maintains the same graph thus saying that if one chooses a point from the graph then its opposite (x,y) are on the same graph. For in stance lets assume that a graph has the point (1,1) then the point (-1,-1) is on the same graph. An example is the equation f(x)=x it is just a diagnal line that hold the point (1,1) and various others, now when rotated it is still the same line and still hold the same point including,which it always included, the point (-1,-1) and other point that are opposite of the same point.
Note: This is as simple as I can put it and I can barely understand it but again it would be a lot better if I new how to put in pictures.

lol henry
ReplyDeletefunny stuff
these are great in keeping to the topic Henry. =) what other functions are even and odd? Are there any that are not dependent on exponents? What about x^2 + x + 1 and equations like that?
ReplyDelete